2020 Spring Newsletter
During the 2019 campaign we were able to accomplish some pretty fun changes to the golf course. The vast majority of the greens we subject to a very noticeable expansion. Many of the fairways are now drastically bigger allowing for more width and angles. Expanded greens have allowed for a more prevalent ground game as the edges of greens come much more into play. Look for us to fine tune a few more greens and fairways.
Look for us to remove several other bunkers this season as well. Many of the bunkers are placed in areas that “double penalize” a player. When a player hits a wayward shot, the initial penalty is being off line and out of position, the recovery shot doesn’t also need to be from a bunker. The left fairway bunker on #4 as well as the bunker on right side of #15 fairway come to mind as perfect candidates to remove. The sand in the bunkers will be harvested and used for other projects.
As we look forward to the 2020 look for us to continue to play firm fast and FUN!! We are excited to get the season underway!
2019 Pioneer Creek Collegiate
Our annual collegiate event hosted for the Minnesota Gopher and University of St. Thomas was a fabulous weekend for golf! The University of St. Thomas captured the Team event with very strong play from Emmet Herb who placed 2nd individually. The Individual medalist was won by Brandon Smith of Texas A&M whose three round score was -10. We are excited to host this event again in 2020! Please come out and watch this very talented field.
What's New in the Pro Shop
World Handicap System
Leagues/Lessons Open for Registration!Senior Men's League
- Description - 18 hole league, various games/events each week, proximities and skins
- Day - Tuesdays
- Time - Tee times from 6:30-11:00 A.M.
- Description - 9 hole league, various games/events each week, proximities and skins
- Day - Thursdays
- Time - 4:10-6:20 P.M.
- Description - 9 hole league, 4 man teams, match play with handicap, individual prizes for most points per individual "Top Gun"
- Day - Wednesday
- Time - 4:20-6:10 P.M.
- Description - 9 hole league, various games/events each week, proximities
- Day - Tuesday
- Time - 4:00-5:10, 6:10, 6:20, 6:30 P.M.
- Description - 9 hole league, vaious games/events, proximities
- Day - Monday
- Time - 4:00-6:00 P.M.
- Description - Combination of teaching/drills and on course play. Girls and Boys, 2 - 4 week sessions
- Day - Mondays
- Time - 8:00 A.M. - Noon
- Description - Play 4 or 9 holes, family rate, great way to get the whole family on the course!
- Day - Sunday
- Time - 5:30-7:00 P.M.